A Career at Maplewood Bridal
We want to make every moment special, so we are always on the look-out for professionals who love the idea of working in a fast-pace environment where they can help make a difference. Delivering magical moments entail always bringing your “best self”, working together on a team, and placing our customer at the center. Is this you?
let's build a career just for you
Bridal Sales Stylists. You are her partner, ally and expert - providing compassion, guidance, inspiration, knowledge, and your best cheerleading skills to join in her celebration when she chooses her dream gown.
Alteration Specialists. Altering a dress so it becomes a custom garment is your passion. Listening to your client’s vision combined with your experience in tailoring garments is what helps you deliver that special perfect fit.
Bridal Administrator. Your support guides our customers in their journey. You welcome them as they enter our store, understand their needs, and set the tone for an exciting shopping experience. You are upbeat with excellent communication skills.
Bridal Dresser. Your support assist the bride on her big day. Your help bride get ready, secure her veil, steam gown is necessary, take care of any fashion emergency and bustle gown. You are energetic, problem solver with excellent communication skills.
High School Intern
Bridal Sales Stylist - Job Description
We are currently seeking Bridal Sales Consultants with outgoing, positive, and energetic personalities. Must have a few years of sales experience, the bridal industry is preferred. This is a great opportunity to grow and advance with the company. We are looking for employees who have a passion for the bridal business, enjoy working with people, and have a good fashion sense. If you have a flair for fashion and the know-how to style outfits to flatter all body types, we’d like to meet you. The stylist is responsible for ensuring that the customer's experience is delightful and fun. Our team is very "relationship-focused" and thus, the candidate should excel at being approachable, personable, collaborative, and trustworthy towards our clients and team. You need to be self-motivated, take ownership of your own work, and play well with others. Must be able to work at least 2 Saturdays a month.
-Maintain and exceed monthly sales goals individually and as a member of a team
- Exhibit the highest level of customer service
-Demonstrate excellent communication skills
-Maintaining excellent visual appearance and cleanliness of store to company standards
-Be hardworking, self-motivated, committed, and reliable
-Assist with front desk activities
-Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
-Be well presented and maintain a professional demeanor
- Able to learn business basics quickly
-Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
Our compensation is very competitive and it includes a base salary ($14 - $16 hr.) plus commission. Commensurate with experience Part-time or full-time positions are available with flexible hours. Must be able to work at least 2 Saturdays a month.
Bridal Sales / Social Media - Job Description
We are looking for a bridal consultant along with social media interest. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the fashion and bridal industry, energetic, friendly, willing to learn with good communication skills. Bridal consultant candidates need to be responsible, motivated, honest and enjoy working with the public. Retail background is necessary. Bridal consultant experience is a plus. Social media experience is necessary. Saturday hours are mandatory • Position has the ability to grow inside the company*
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hours will be split between social media and sales
- Being knowledgeable in Facebook, Instagram & Tik Tok
- Artistic eye behind the camera
- Working with brides
- styling them with the appropriate accessories
- Communicating via phone and email with proper etiquette to book appointments, to follow up and answer questions
- Develop exceptional rapport with the brides, their family, friends, and bridal party
- Steam dresses
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Passion for writing
- Enjoys fashion trends
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment Qualifications and Skills
- Retail and Sales Experience (Bridal Consultant experience is preferred)
- Social Media experience – work related Facebook, Instagram & Tik Tok
- Daytime / Evening Hours + Saturday Hours
- Ability to work in a team but can work independently as well
- Willing to learn
- Drive to meet personal goals
Job Type: Part-time (10-20) and Pay is based on previous experience ($14 - $16 hr.).
Compensation includes bonus pay, commission and tips.
Bridal Dresser - Job Description
We are need bridal personal stylists / dressers / Bridal attendants to dress brides on their wedding day. These jobs are mostly on Saturdays and Sundays.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Steaming wedding gown, veil, maids dresses and family members
- Pressing, steaming and shoe buffing for groom, groomsmen and family members
- spot cleaning
- small sewing repairs
- working with photographer to make sure everyone is "picture perfect"
- Dressing bride, groom and bridal party
- "Fluffing" bridal party during photos.
- putting up the bustle
- helping bride in the bathroom This job requires the following skills
- Good basic sewing skills especially hand sewing
- knowledge of spot cleaners and ability to spot clean
- calm demeanor and ability to work with nervous brides
- strong communication skills
- ability to work unsupervised
- costume design, costumer or wardrobe experience a big plus
- availability to work Saturdays and Sundays
- personal transportation to and from venues - car preferred
This job is very freelance. It pays $50 - $100 hourly plus meals. We prefer that you have your own kit including steamer, spot cleaners, sewing kit but do have a kit you can borrow for jobs.
High School Intern - Job Description
Maplewood Bridal offers an internship program for high school students!
Responsibilities & Duties:
Assist stylists during appointments, including setting up fitting rooms before appointments, moving gowns to and from fitting rooms, scanning gowns that have been tried on for inventory tracking purposes, putting away accessories, and getting refreshments for brides and their guests.
Help maintain a clean and tidy store appearance by making sure bridal gowns and bridesmaids dresses are properly displayed on gown racks and accessories are properly organized.
For weekday positions, assist with movement of customer gowns and accessories to and from the storage room to the fitting rooms and back at the completion of an appointment.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor when interacting with customers.
Assist with end of day store closing procedures such as re-stocking supplies, filling ice cube trays, and taking out the trash.
For weekday positions, help marketing manager with window and in-store displays.
Must be able to commit to a fixed schedule for a minimum of a three-month period (e.g if your schedule is Saturdays from 10-5, you must be able to commit to working most Saturdays from 10-5 for a minimum of a three month period).
Position is part-time. Available positions include late afternoon to evenings on Thursdays - Friday and daytime hours on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
We are ideally looking for someone who can work additional hours or days occasionally when needed, including weekend days from time-to-time.
Must have an outgoing personality, a strong work-ethic, and a love of fashion.
To apply, please send an email with a brief explanation as to your interest in the position (and resume if you have one) with the subject “High School Internship” to email@example.com.